Personal branding in luxury real estate marketing is all about setting your own tone, listening to your gut instincts, finding your own rhythm and dancing to the beat of a different drum—your unique brand signal. Conforming to the norm will not get you very far. Distinguishing yourself from your competition, stepping out, and making a statement will help you reach top-of-mind status in your marketplace.
Standing out from the crowd sometimes takes fortitude. Blending in is often times considered to be safer. But, it is important to understand that a weak brand signal will not attract very much business.
Switch places! Ask yourself these questions:
- If you were ready to sell your $1M+ home, who would you select to market your home (other than you)?
- Who are the first three agents that come to your mind?
- Who do you trust?
- Now prioritize them. Who comes to mind first, second and third?
- Do any of them truly stand out as unique?
- If so, does that person’s brand signal resonate with yours?
- What characteristics do each these agents possess that is distinguishable from the other two?
The goal of personal branding is to make the implicit explicit, to amplify what is unique, what is different about you, obvious. That way people who can appreciate your unique qualities can quickly gravitate to you because they recognize that you are a match.
The common fear, when taking a unique stance is that there will be a scarcity of potential clients who will appreciate your uniqueness when you express your authentic self as a brand. The truth is there only appears to be scarcity of clients when you appear to be like everyone else.
We encourage you to follow your heart and listen to your inner voice. Tune into your unique brand signal. Dare to dance to the beat of a different drum.
- WATCH VIDEOS-
- JOIN THE LOL COMMUNTIY -
GET FLUENT. GET AFFLUENT!
Follow Us on Twitter: LuxuryMarketing